Sorry for the lack of updated blog posts recently, I’ve been under the weather as of late. I’ve never posted a recipe on LPM but I made a great tasting healthy dinner one night I thought I would share the recipe with you as its really quick and easy. It’s gluten-free for allergy sensitive individuals.
- 3/4 cup almond milk or 2% milk
- 4 eggs
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 3/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat gluten-free baking mix (such as Bisquick or Pamela’s)
- 4 cups small fresh broccoli florets (can be blended/chopped like I did)
- 1 cup chopped frozen onions, thawed (can be fresh)
*Tossed salad (optional)
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees. Coat six 6 oz ceramic ramekins (or use jumbo muffin tins) with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, oil, 6 tbsp of the cheese, the oregano, garlic salt, nutmeg and pepper. Whisk in baking mix until smooth; fold in broccoli and onion.
3. Divide mixture equally among ramekins. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Sprinkle remaining 2 tbsp cheese over tops of ramekins and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees. Let cool slightly. Run a small knife or an offset spatula around edge of each ramekin and gently unmold.
4. Serve with tossed salad, if desired.